Attach-and-Train Programme (AnT)
for Robotics and Automation
Under Workforce Singapore’s (WSG) Adapt and Grow initiative, Robotics Automation Centre of Excellence (RACE) offers you the Attach-and-Train (AnT) for Robotics & Automation (R&A). This training programme empowers agile engineering talents with hands-on access to core R&A technologies, drawing on the real-world experience of industry practitioners in the field.
Since April 2018, over 100 talents have graduated from this highly oversubscribed programme, with many alumni contributing to the heart of deep technology development in progressive companies of all sizes.
In addition to professional career coaching to drive effective placement outcomes, RACE’s improved AnT curriculum also molds technologists into entrepreneurial leaders ready to solve present-day challenges to drive sustained business growth.
How Does it work
Administered by RACE, applicants shortlisted for possible R&A roles in esteemed host companies will undergo rigorous training comprising three months of facilitated classroom sessions conducted by RACE’s qualified trainers. Trainees will adopt a hands-on learning approach with training and curriculum designed based on real-world project experiences of our partners.
The total programme duration will take up to six months, with 3 months of training held at RACE Academy and 3 months of On-the-Job (OJT) training attachment to respective host companies. Depending on the individual’s performance and the company’s assessment, host companies may offer deserving and competent AnT trainees contracts/permanent employment at any point during the 3-month attachment. Until such employment has transpired, candidates will continue to receive their training allowance from RACE Academy, unless otherwise agreed and/or duly advised.
Next Intake: April 2020 – AnT 9
Registration is open.
1. Introduction of Robotics and Automation
2. Essential Mechanical Component Technology
3. Core Programming Skills
4. Advanced Programming Skills
5. Direct Drive Technology
6. Robotic Arm Technologies
7. Gripper, Sensor & Vision Technologies
8. Warehouse Automation Technologies
1. Personal Branding
3. Ideation (Design Thinking)
4. Growth Hacking
5. Prototyping Process
6. Intellectual Property
8. AGILE Methodology
what our talents say
- Talents with passion and aptitude to contribute in a role relating to Robotics and Automation (R&A).
- WSG-approved government subsidies only apply to Singapore mid-careerists. Full course fees apply to foreign applicants and applicants with less than 2 years experience since graduation from school and/or exit from NS without furthering Professional Education & Training studies.
- Must be unemployed on the programme start date.
- Able to commit three months to undergo training with RACE Academy, and another 3 months of On-the-Job Training (OJT) attachment with a host company (whether self-sourced by the candidate or scoped/referred by RACE). Trainees are hence encouraged to actively source for employment before and during the programme, although RACE will also refer promising talents to roles in partnering host companies.
- Due to the hands-on nature of this programme, trainees must achieve regular attendance – graduation certificates and monthly allowance payouts are tied to attendance.
- Candidates should preferably possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma with relevant qualifications and work experience. Candidates without such experience and qualifications but with strong entrepreneurial instinct and aptitude for agile hands-on engineering will also be favourably considered. We also welcome candidates with aptitude for related roles like technical sales/recruitment, R&A training, and process consultancy.
- If you do not possess relevant qualification in a technical field of study or past experience in a technical line, please highlight in your application why we should consider you.
- Should have a valid permanent employment / contract position available for trainees with competitive remuneration for good performance and healthy opportunities for career progression.
- Offer attachment and permanent positions directly relevant to identified AnT job occupations, where in this case, the position must be related to Robotics & Automation.
- Must be able to provide enriching On-Job-Training for the trainee, administering progress tracking.
- Commit to AnT training arrangements and work with WSG and RACE to improve learning outcomes for chosen trainees and future batches of talents.