Attach-and-Train Programme (AnT)
for Robotics and Automation Sector
Under Workforce Singapore’s (WSG) Adapt and Grow initiative, Robotics Automation Centre of Excellence (RACE) offers you the Attach-and-Train (AnT) for Robotics & Automation (R&A). This training programme empowers agile engineering talents with hands-on access to core R&A technologies, drawing on the real-world experience of industry practitioners in the field.
Since April 2018, over 100 talents have graduated from this highly oversubscribed programme, with many alumni contributing to the heart of deep technology development in progressive companies of all sizes
In addition to professional career coaching to drive effective placement outcomes, RACE’s improved AnT curriculum also molds technologists into entrepreneurial leaders ready to solve present day challenges to drive sustained business growth.
How Does it work
Administered by RACE, applicants shortlisted for possible RnA roles in esteemed host companies will undergo rigorous training comprising three months of facilitated classroom sessions conducted by RACE’s qualified trainers. Trainees will adopt a hands-on learning approach with training and curriculum design based on real-world project experiences of PBA and its partners.
Next Intake: Jan 2020 – AnT 7
Interviews will start end Oct / early Nov.
1. Introduction of Robotics and Automation
2. Essential Mechanical Component Technology
3. Core Programming Skills
4. Advanced Programming Skills
5. Direct Drive Technology
6. Robotic Arm Technologies
7. Gripper, Sensor & Vision Technologies
8. Warehouse Automation Technologies
1. Personal Branding
3. Ideation (Design Thinking)
4. Growth Hacking
5. Prototyping Process
6. Intellectual Property
8. AGILE Methodology
what our talents say
- Singapore Citizen/PR with passion & aptitude to contribute in a role relating to robotics & automation.
- Minimum 21 years old and unemployed before joining AnT.
- Able to commit three months to undergo training with RACE Academy, and another 3 months of OJT attachment with a host company (either chosen by the candidate or referred by RACE). The 3-month OJT can be waived if a trainee secures full-time placement at the end of the 3-month training period. Trainees are hence encouraged to actively source for employment before and during the programme.
- Due to the hands-on nature of this programme, trainees must fulfil at least 95% attendance in order to receive the Training allowance provided.
- Preferably have a Bachelor’s Degree or Polytechnic Diploma with relevant qualifications and work experience. Candidates without such experience and qualifications but with strong entrepreneurial instinct and aptitude for agile engineering will also be favourably considered.
- Should have a valid permanent employment contract position available for trainees with competitive remuneration for good performance and healthy opportunities for career progression.
- Offer attachment and permanent positions directly relevant to identified AnT job occupations, where in this case, the position must be related to Robotics & Automation.
- Must be able to provide enriching On-Job-Training for the trainee, administering progress tracking.
- Commit to AnT training arrangements and work with WSG and RACE to improve learning outcomes for chosen trainees and future batches of talents.