SGUP - Company Training
for Robotics & Automation
Together with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), Robotics Automation Centre of Excellence (RACE) offers you the 6 month SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme – Company Training (SGUP-CT) for R&A, a training programme that equips you to be future-ready for a career in Robotics & Automation.
Created for Singapore Citizens and PRs, SGUP-CT is a full-time training programme conducted in a modular format. The course fees have been heavily subsidised and trainees will receive a monthly training allowance for the duration of their training to cover basic expenses. Trainees will also receive career advisory and employment assistance in their search for relevant jobs that will utilise their newly acquired skills.
How Does it work
Administered by RACE, applicants shortlisted will undergo rigorous training comprising three months of facilitated classroom sessions conducted by RACE’s qualified trainers. Trainees will adopt a hands-on learning approach with training and curriculum designed based on real-world project experiences of our partners.
The total programme duration is six months, with 3 months of training held at RACE Academy and 3 months of hands-on practice on commercial R&D Projects . Depending on the individual’s performance and the company’s assessment, host companies may offer deserving and competent AnT trainees contracts/permanent employment at any point during the 3-month attachment. Until such employment has transpired, candidates will continue to receive their training allowance from RACE Academy, unless otherwise agreed and/or duly advised.
Registration is open!
Next intake: December 2020
1. Introduction of Robotics and Automation
2. Essential Mechanical Component Technology
3. Core Programming Skills
4. Analytical Programming Skills
5. Direct Drive Technology
6. Robotic Arm Technologies
7. Gripper, Sensor & Vision Technologies
8. Warehouse Automation Technologies
9. Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
1. Personal Branding
3. Ideation (Design Thinking)
4. Growth Hacking
5. Prototyping Process
6. Intellectual Property
8. AGILE Methodology
what our talents say
- Talents with passion and aptitude to contribute in a role relating to Robotics and Automation (R&A).
- Government subsidies only apply to Singapore mid-careerists. Full course fees apply to foreign applicants and applicants with less than 2 years experience since graduation from school and/or exit from NS without furthering Professional Education & Training studies.
- Must be unemployed on the programme start date.
- Able to commit three months to undergo training with RACE Academy, and another 3 months of hands-on practice on commercial R&D Projects.
- Due to the hands-on nature of this programme, trainees must achieve regular attendance – graduation certificates and monthly allowance payouts are tied to attendance.
- Candidates should preferably possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma with relevant qualifications and work experience. Candidates without such experience and qualifications but with strong entrepreneurial instinct and aptitude for agile hands-on engineering will also be favourably considered. We also welcome candidates with aptitude for related roles like technical sales/recruitment, R&A training, and process consultancy.
- If you do not possess relevant qualification in a technical field of study or past experience in a technical line, please highlight in your application why we should consider you.
- Should have a valid permanent employment / contract position available for trainees with competitive remuneration for good performance and healthy opportunities for career progression.
- Offer attachment and permanent positions directly relevant to identified AnT job occupations, where in this case, the position must be related to Robotics & Automation.
- Must be able to provide enriching On-Job-Training for the trainee, administering progress tracking.
- Commit to AnT training arrangements and work with RACE to improve learning outcomes for chosen trainees and future batches of talents.